Fortec was engaged by D&Z Constructions to design the concrete base and walls and supply and install post tensioning services to 2 new 13.7ML tanks at the Beenyup WTP as part of the AWRP Ground Water Replenishment Scheme for Water Corporation of WA.
The scope of work included the design and detailing of the tank base (slab and ring beam) and tank walls, supply of all materials and labour for the installation, stressing and grouting of post tensioning tendons to the following areas per tank:
- Tank base and ring beam – supply and installation per tank of 40 No. 306 flat slab tendons in base slab and 4 No. multi strand 1206 tendons in the ring beam.
- Precast wall panels 406 vertical tendons – supply, prefabrication, stressing and grouting of 44 No. standard precast panels and 4 No. stressing panels.
- Precast wall panels horizontal tendons – supply and installation of strand, stressing and grouting of 27 No. 606 wall ring tendons with the MK4 Z block system.
- First use of MK4 system Z blocks in Western Australia.
- MTI/LTI free.
- Second tank project designed and constructed for Water Corporation of WA.
- Tank & Silo Construction
- Post Tensioning