Fortec was engaged by Jsteel for the installation and testing of 230 x 32mm dia Deadman Anchors all 10.5m long at Bolderwood Reserve for he Kwinana Freeway North Bound Widening.
Jsteel were using the latest Giken Silent Piling equipment for the first time in Perth to install the sheet piles.
Fortec work consisted of:
- Installation tie rods and bar fittings.
- Wrapping fittings in denso tape for corrosion treatment.
- Tension tie rods to nominated lock off load.
- Conduct acceptance testing to 6% of all bars through load cycles and submission of results for approval.
- First time working with Giken Silent Piling equipment.
- Fortec supervisor completed training in the operation of Giken Silent Piling equipment.
- Works completed ahead of schedule.
- Ground Anchoring