Jonor Construction was engaged by Main Roads WA to
perform bridge maintenance on Bridge 473 to assist in the bearings and bearing plate’s replacement.
Jonor Construction utilised Fortec’s expertise to successfully lift the bridge using Fortec’s own synchronised jacking system. Advantages of the synchronised system are that it reduces the risk of damaging the bridge overlay by lifting sections of the bridge instantaneously.
The scope included:
- Supply and install propping system.
- Set up Fortec owned synchronised computerised jacking system.
- Hydraulic jack up of bridge using locking ring jacks all at once.
- Remove jacks and propping system.
- Fortec was initially only requested to lift the bridge 10mm to enable Jonor to complete their works. An on site request was made to increase to 50mm by Jonor and this was successfully completed.
- All works were self-performed by Fortec.
- The project was completed ahead of the client schedule.
- Bridge Maintenance