Fortec was engaged by MRWA under the Main Roads
Structures Panel to carry out substructure repairs to bridge 843 over Robe River approximately 2 hours south of Karratha in the Pilbara.
The scope of work comprised:
- Maintenance of the access track provided by Main Roads.
- Construction of cofferdams around bridge piers and dewatering to allow works to be carried out.
- Excavate around pile caps/pier tie beams and remove vegetation.
- All exposed steel piles above the extent of excavation was then abrasive grit blasted (AS 1627.4 Class SA2), potable washed and Zinga Liquid galvanizing corrosion treatment applied.
- Installation of steel reinforcement around all piles and encasement using S50 concrete mix with Zypex Admixture.
- Mass pour of 8% cement stabilised fill to replace scoured soil, placed and compacted to typical level of streambed around all piers.
- All works were self-performed by Fortec.
- Completed 1 week ahead of time.
- Work was completed to client satisfaction.
- Bridge Maintenance