Fortec was engaged by Ventia / Main Roads WA to
undertake emergency pile repairs to Maitland River Bridge.
Our scope of works included:
- Submission for approval by Main Roads Management Plans.
- Construct access to Pier 4.
– Construct causeway from abutment to pier 4 using road base approximately 51m long x 2m wide x 1.5m deep.
- Temporary footings.
– Form and pour temporary footings for bridge propping system.
- Install propping and beams.
- Pile repair.
– Brake back and scabble existing concrete.
– Grit blast existing reinforcement.
– High pressure water jet existing concrete.
– Apply Zinchrich to existing reinforcing bar.
– Install Galvashield Anodes and additional reinforcement.
– Form pile caps 900mm diameter steel shutters.
– Pour LA55 encasement.
– Allow 7 days cure prior to stripping formwork and removing props.
- Clean up and demobilise from site.
- All works were self-performed by Fortec.
- Quick mobilisation to site.
- Work was completed to client satisfaction.
- Bridge Maintenance