The main water conduit from Perth to Kalgoorlie runs
through Cunderdin, where a series of pump stations and an unroofed, rock-lined storage reservoir are located.
The project involved the development of two 37.5 million litre water storage facilities on Water Corporation owned land approximately 5km west of the Cunderdin town site. Fortec was engaged by BGC Construction to design the 2NO 37.5ML pre-cast post tensioned tanks and install post tensioning to the two tanks.
The scope included:
- Design and detail of the concrete ring beam, base slab and walls of 2NO pre-cast post tensioned tanks.
- Supply, install, stressing and grouting of the post tensioned tendons to tank base and ring beam.
- Supply, prefabrication, stressing and grouting of pre-cast wall panel vertical tendons.
- Supply, reeving of strand, stressing and grouting of precast wall panel horizontal tendons.
- All works were self-performed by Fortec.
- The project was completed on time.
- First tank project delivered by Fortec in Western Australia.
- Tank & Silo Construction
- Value Engineering