Fortec Australia carried out important remediation works to the existing area 10 crusher wall at Fimiston Plant for KCGM.
Works included supply and installation of 128 R25 soil nails and the installation of 12mm HD galvanised steel panels to strengthen the existing RE wall structure.
The scope included:
- Erosion repair to RE wall.
- Installation of protective rock barriers to top of retaining walls prior to commencement of works.
- Conduct destructive testing of panel connections/straps.
- Installation of hollow core 25mm soil nails varying from 3m to 5m in length (grout flushing medium).
- Conduct destructive testing on 4 soil nails to determine in situ capacity.
- Non-destructive testing of soil nails prior to permanent loading.
- Installation of 12mm galvanised steel retaining plates.
- Successfully installed 65 steel retaining plates in less than 3 days due to good preparation and planning.
- All works were self-performed by Fortec.
- Soil Nailing
- Structural Strengthening