Fortec was engaged by Perkins Builders to provide Post
Tensioning services at Fremantle College.
The project involves the construction of a new performing arts and teaching block. In addition to the new building, the project will refurbish the existing administration block, design and technology block, cafeteria and all student and staff toilet facilities.
The existing arts, science and humanities blocks will be repurposed into a new commercial food studio, visual arts studios and multimedia studios.
Fortec’s scope included:
- Fix recess forms and anchorages.
- Pre-stressing anchorages.
- Place and fix ducting.
- Install tendons.
- Stress tendons.
- Grout tendons.
- Removal of staples to exposed carpark and balcony soffits
- All works were self-performed by Fortec.
- The project was completed ahead of the client schedule.
- Post Tensioning
- Structural Strengthening