St Mark’s is an independent Anglican school in the northern suburbs of Perth and as part of their 10 year campus growth strategy they are constructing a senior academic centre.
Fortec was engaged by Perkins Builders to supply and install the post-tensioning to the first and second floor suspended slabs. The 2 levels were relatively large single 2,000m2 concrete pours placed utilising 2 concrete boom pumps.
The scope included:
- Supply of pre-stressing anchorages, placing and fixing of ducting and duct supports.
- Installation, stressing and grouting of the post tensioned tendons.
- Fixing of recess forms and achorages.
- Removal of staples to exposed carpark and balcony soffits.
- Final stressing and trimming of excess strands after concrete pour.
- Application of a wood float finish.
- All works were self-performed by Fortec.
- The project was completed on time.
- Post Tensioning