Fortec was engaged by Aqwest to perform micro fine
cement grouting works to a 79 million litre water tank as part of their Tech Reservoir Refurbishment Stage 3.
Tech Reservoir is Aqwest’s largest water storage reservoir and had a history of leakage. Leakage of water came through voids in the limestone fill which necessitated pattern grouting across floor slab and batters to stabilise the foundation.
The grouting works included:
- Setting up grout station with Chemgrout GG-600 Colloidal Mixer.
- Running grout hoses approximately 200m from mixer to point of discharge with return lines.
- Driving and flushing spears into ground.
- Injection of a fluid grout to produce a solidified mass, thereby filling voids and soft/loose zones underneath the floor of the reservoir.
- Reinforcing soil materials underneath the reservoir floor to form a pattern of grout columns.
- Providing watertight repairs to core holes drilled for grouting and investigation purposes.
- Grouting beneath roof support columns.
- Working in the restricted environment of a tank.
- By the completion of the project 85,000 litres of microfine grout injection and 7,500 of GP grout injection had been installed.
- Drilling & Grouting